Concerts at Auckland’s Eden Park, the country’s largest stadium, can now officially be held after no appeals were lodged to counter the decision made by a panel of independent commissioners, Stuff reports. This means the stadium can host six concerts a year, and these can take place during weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays preceding a public holiday, and public holidays, subject to restrictions on frequency, duration and timing. Eden Park said the decision to allow concerts to go ahead will help generate new revenue for the stadium.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor