Auckland councillors have unanimously decided to stay in the prestigious C40 group of 97 cities, Stuff reports. The group has set tougher standards for action to counter climate change, and requires the city to outline in 2024 that it is on track. The goal to meet is that of halving carbon emissions by 2030. Auckland is the only New Zealand city to be part of C40.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor