A senior academic staff member at the Auckland University of Technology wants Vice-Chancellor Derek McCormack to resign, following a scathing report into bullying, NZ Herald reveals. An independent review heard more than 200 complaints of bullying, and found evidence of sexual harassment by eight former staff. The review said some employees had been so severely affected, they had been forced to take stress or sick leave and had cried during interviews.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor