Auckland’s Motutapu Island is set to host a new festival: Island Time on Motutapu, Stuff reports. The event was created in partnership with Ngāi Tai Tāmaki and will focus on music festivals, culinary offerings, conservation trips and educational affairs. It will be held across two days, with four sessions, to ensure the island doesn’t become too populated with people.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor