Watercare is urging Aucklanders to maintain their water-saving habits on what is normally Auckland’s highest water consumption week of the year, Auckland Council announces. According to Watercare’s Head of Servicing and Consents, Mark Bourne, the first week of February is typically the biggest week of the year in terms of Aucklanders’ water use. Bourne added that with Aucklanders’ outstanding job with water-saving efforts thus far, they have been able to save more than 10 billion litres in the past eight months.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor