A north Auckland teacher assaulted her 70-year-old father by pushing him to the floor and pulling his hair, Stuff reports. Te Whaea Oriwia Iris Hyland had been removed from the register for a driving-related conviction, according to The Teachers’ Disciplinary Tribunal which heard the case. The Teaching Council’s decision came after a review of the teacher’s several convictions, including the assault against her father on June 16, 2018.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor