Despite the lockdown, about 650 University of Otago first-year students from Auckland are filtering into Dunedin this week, allowed to travel outside of Auckland under Alert Level 3 as they are relocating or returning to a place of residence, NZ Herald reveals. Students need to fill in a health questionnaire upon arrival at their university-owned residential halls in Dunedin, and those with symptoms will need to take a Covid-19 test and isolate in their rooms until results are returned. The university had a management plan in place for any returning students from Auckland who were not staying in its residences.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor