Mark Jones, a designer-sculptor, has lost his magnum opus in a fire he accidentally started, Stuff reports. Jones said he left a candle unattended in his Papakura workshop on December 21. It quickly erupted into a blaze and reduced his work to charcoal, including Jones’ masterpiece, the Doodlewood Chair. Jones has carved works for Princess Diana and Paul McCartney.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor