A group of east Auckland residents have rallied to form a protest group to fight council plans to sell four reserves, but the issue could have wider ramifications for the city’s green spaces, Stuff reports. The residents living in Golflands and Sunnyhills formed Preserve Our Reserve in November in an effort to stop the planned asset sales.The Howick Local Board voted in late 2020 to retain the properties, but Auckland Council’s finance and performance committee overrode the decision and voted to put them up for sale as part of its 10-year Recovery Budget.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor