A plan allowing Aucklanders unlimited travel on public transport for $20 a day is on hold while technology problems are resolved, Stuff reports. The daily cap, which would have capped daily deductions from AT HOP card accounts at $20 starting February 7, allows unlimited travel without having to buy a day pass in advance. But Auckland Transport said it could take up to a year for the French technology firm Thales to make the plan workable. Meanwhile, the council agency said the existing One Day pass will continue, reduced in price by $1 to now cost $18.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor