A plan allowing Aucklanders unlimited travel on public transport for $20 a day is on hold while technology problems are resolved, Stuff reports. The daily cap, which would have capped daily deductions from AT HOP card accounts at $20 starting February 7, allows unlimited travel without having to buy a day pass in advance. But Auckland Transport said it could take up to a year for the French technology firm Thales to make the plan workable. Meanwhile, the council agency said the existing One Day pass will continue, reduced in price by $1 to now cost $18.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa