Auckland Unlimited has officially postponed the 2021 Auckland Lantern Festival to 4-7 March, Auckland Council announces. The decision to postpone the event came after consultation with key event stakeholders and community leaders, given the current alert levels. Meanwhile, Mayor Phil Goff said he’s happy that the festival will be able to push through this year as it’s a much-loved event and a great celebration of the Chinese communities.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor