Jing Zhang and her husband Jia Jing purchased a home in Auckland nearly six months ago, but are facing financial burden and potential homelessness due to still waiting for a water meter to be installed, Stuff reports. The couple bought the property in Karaka, south Auckland, from Generation Homes in August 2020. The construction was completed in October, but the couple were told to wait for the final sign-off stage – the connection of the water supply – before being legally able to move in.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor