Auckland Council is torn between leveling up its climate action plan or leaving the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group which pledged to make ambitious cuts to their carbon emissions, Stuff reports. The council joined the global group of cities in 2015 and at the time adopted a goal to reduce carbon emissions to 50% by 2030, as well as being net carbon neutral by 2050. C40 recently raised its requirements of members, and Auckland councillors will now need to decide on Thursday 11 Feb whether to accept the new standard or quit the group.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor