Auckland Airport’s net profit declined by 80.9 per cent for the six months leading up to December 31, NZ Herald reports. The company reported a net profit of $28.1 million for said timeframe, and said Covid-19 travel restrictions were to blame. Auckland Airport, in its earnings outlook for the full year to June 30, also expects to report a net loss of between $35m and $55m. Chair Patrick Strange expressed that the first half of the 2021 financial year had continued to be a challenging time for both the company and the wider aviation industry.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday