The enormous financial impact of Covid-19 continues to be felt by Air New Zealand, with the company reporting a net loss of $72 million for the six months ended December, RNZ reports. Air NZ’s revenue plummeted 59 percent to $1.2 billion with the network flying down by 65 percent. Nevertheless, Chief Executive Greg Foran is still proud of what Air New Zealand has achieved amid the global pandemic. The airline also reported domestic tourism demand was strong and it had seen the return of business demand.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor