Last year, Aucklanders shared their thoughts and ideas to contribute to the 10-year review of the Regional Parks Management Plan. Comments and suggestions came in from 758 people and organisations plus a petition of 3,681 signatures. Councillor Alf Filipaina, Chair of the council’s Parks, Arts, Community and Events (PACE) Committee, says the comments will be extremely useful for the preparation of the new draft plan. Feedback included important details about specific problems and opportunities for a variety of different park locations. Aucklanders can view the summary of suggestions on the Auckland Council’s website.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor