Two storms tracking near New Zealand in the Southern Ocean are set to bring severe gales, rain and snow to Aotearoa, says NZ Herald. According to WeatherWatch, the first storm passed by on Sunday, while the second, larger storm will move through on Wednesday. As a result, Auckland temperatures will drop down to about 19C as the daytime high on Wednesday – a cold shock after a slew of days averaging mid- to high-twenties – but it will be the westerly winds that may be of more notice.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions