Additional freight congestion problems loom for New Zealand, due to possible port shutdowns in California which could derail NZ’s export shipments to the US, Stuff reports. The potential shutdown is linked to 700 dock workers who have contracted Covid-19 at four major ports in Los Angeles and Long Beach. Ports of Auckland has its own logistics issues, but work is underway to clear the busy port’s backlog in a matter of weeks.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday