Additional freight congestion problems loom for New Zealand, due to possible port shutdowns in California which could derail NZ’s export shipments to the US, Stuff reports. The potential shutdown is linked to 700 dock workers who have contracted Covid-19 at four major ports in Los Angeles and Long Beach. Ports of Auckland has its own logistics issues, but work is underway to clear the busy port’s backlog in a matter of weeks.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor