Twitter has suspended the accounts of hundreds of New Zealand-based users, reports NZ Herald. Many of those suspended had frequently voiced right-wing political opinions. Among those suspended is former Act candidate Stephen Berry. Twitter hasn’t explicitly stated why the accounts were taken down but this purge appears to be part of their broader crackdown following the US Capitol riots.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions