Scenic trams are set to return to Auckland’s Wynyard Quarter, with operators eyeing Waitangi Weekend as a launch date, Stuff reports. The trams will run on Sundays, long weekends and public holidays, and will be operating in time for the main America’s Cup clashes. The Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT) and Auckland Council’s development arm Panuku, formed a partnership to revive the tram network, which was built 99 years ago.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions