A non-stop cycling trip on a dedicated track from Ngāruawāhia to Karāpiro, could be reality by the end of the year, Stuff reports. The final 20 kilometres of the Te Awa River Ride, predicted to be in place by the end of 2021 and connecting Hamilton and Cambridge, will complete the entire 60km route. The Hamilton to Cambridge section will be built by four organisations: Waka Kotahi NZTA, Waipā District Council, Waikato District Council and Hamilton City Council. Waipā and Waikato district councils announced plans to complete their sections of the route this year also.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor