A police helicopter was led to a suspected clandestine methamphetamine lab in New Windsor, by the suspicious activities of an armed man, says NZ Herald. On Monday, before 5am, the Eagle helicopter and a dog unit were investigating another unrelated matter when they spotted the man acting suspiciously behind properties. The man tried to avoid police but was tracked down and taken into custody. The police said that a bag containing a firearm and a large quantity of meth was found nearby. They also said that they located a suspected meth laboratory operating at a nearby address.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor