A police helicopter was led to a suspected clandestine methamphetamine lab in New Windsor, by the suspicious activities of an armed man, says NZ Herald. On Monday, before 5am, the Eagle helicopter and a dog unit were investigating another unrelated matter when they spotted the man acting suspiciously behind properties. The man tried to avoid police but was tracked down and taken into custody. The police said that a bag containing a firearm and a large quantity of meth was found nearby. They also said that they located a suspected meth laboratory operating at a nearby address.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions