Auckland Council has annouced that the City of Sails has renewed the six-year-old Tripartite Economic Alliance with its partner cities: Guangzhou in China and Los Angeles in the USA. The renewal of the city partnerships was spearheaded by Auckland Mayor Phil Goff, Guangzhou Mayor Wen Guohui, and City of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. The alliance is aimed at boosting economic, trade and investment opportunities between the three cities, as well as deepening Auckland’s connections with two of the economic powerhouses in the Asia-Pacific region. The third round of cooperation will run through 2022 with an additional focus on COVID-19 response and emergency preparedness, climate action and green ports.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor