Auckland Council has annouced that the City of Sails has renewed the six-year-old Tripartite Economic Alliance with its partner cities: Guangzhou in China and Los Angeles in the USA. The renewal of the city partnerships was spearheaded by Auckland Mayor Phil Goff, Guangzhou Mayor Wen Guohui, and City of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. The alliance is aimed at boosting economic, trade and investment opportunities between the three cities, as well as deepening Auckland’s connections with two of the economic powerhouses in the Asia-Pacific region. The third round of cooperation will run through 2022 with an additional focus on COVID-19 response and emergency preparedness, climate action and green ports.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions