The Health Research Council, the organisation managing about $120 million in funding annually, was hit by a cyber-attack last month. TVNZ reports that the attack follows on from a cyber-attack on the Reserve Bank last month. There are no signs that the two attacks are linked, but the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) says that such digital attacks are expected to become more common in the next few days.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor