ASB Polyfest, the world’s largest Polynesian festival, returns to New Zealand after being cancelled for two years in a row, Stuff reports. The festival, which showcases Māori and Pasifika culture, will be held from April 14 – 17 at the Manukau Sports Bowl in South Auckland. The event was called off in early 2019 due to the Christchurch terror attack, then cancelled completely in 2020 when Covid-19 sent the country into a nation-wide lockdown.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor