The man who chopped down eight pōhutukawa trees with a chainsaw in an Auckland suburb on October 2020, has been remanded on bail while a home detention sentence is considered, reports the Herald. The trees were Auckland City Council’s property and were worth $40,704. The defence lawyer said Alexei Leandios Hodder was highly intoxicated at the time of the incident and was challenged to cut down the trees by an associate.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor