A person has died in a suspected drowning at West Auckland’s Piha Beach, Stuff reports. A police spokesman said the incident was reported to police just before 5pm on Tuesday, and medical assistance was provided but the person has since died. A worker at Piha Surf Academy said there were no lessons taking place on Tuesday due to a massive swell.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions