TVNZ reports on calls for a Puhoi Pub in north Auckland to remove a set of bullock horns bearing a derogatory word for black people. The staff say that the pub is a living museum and the set of bullock horns has been there for decades. The owner has no plans to remove it. Meng Foon, the Race Relations Commissioner, has urged the pub’s owner to take down the offensive item.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa