TVNZ reports on calls for a Puhoi Pub in north Auckland to remove a set of bullock horns bearing a derogatory word for black people. The staff say that the pub is a living museum and the set of bullock horns has been there for decades. The owner has no plans to remove it. Meng Foon, the Race Relations Commissioner, has urged the pub’s owner to take down the offensive item.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions