Ōrākei Local Board is calling on local families and businesses to help reduce nuisance noise in Mission Bay, through their ‘Don’t be quiet, Report noise!’ campaign, Auckland Council announces. Local board chair Scott Milne said that noise from cars with extra loud exhaust systems or retrofit stereo systems, especially at night, are some of the most difficult nuisances to deal with. Excessive noise from vehicles can be reported to police via 501 while noise from other sources should be reported to Auckland Council: (09) 301 0101.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor