A permanent ten percent discount for off-peak fares will become permanent on public transport in Auckland, come February 7, Auckland Council announces. The cheaper fare is available to all AT HOP users travelling between 9am and 3pm, as well as weekday nights and weekends. Meanwhile, a daily cap will be introduced, allowing public transport users to travel freely on buses (bar Skybus), trains and inner harbour ferry services, paying a maximum of $20 a day.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions