Auckland University professor and modeler, Shaun Hendy, has warned that New Zealand needs to be vigilant and assume ahead of time that 2021 is going to be a difficult year. According to TVNZ, Hendy stated that any community transmission of the highly transmissible Covid-19 variants could have devastating effects for Aotearoa. He believes that, in order to contain the spread of the new variants, the country should “continually” assess its border restrictions.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions