Auckland council website Safeswim has released a list of 28 beaches that are unsafe for swimming due to exposure to faeces, says Newshub. Recent heavy rains overwhelmed the wastewater systems, causing the contamination. Some of the spots have long-term alerts, while others will be safe for swimming within a few days.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor