A man who allegedly drove dangerously and caused multiple collisions while fleeing police in West Auckland, has been taken into custody, reports NZ Herald. According to Inspector Peter Raynes, police were alerted about a man attempting to steal a vehicle at the Westgate Shopping Centre at about 1.30pm. Seven minutes later, police tried to stop the vehicle on Royal Road in Massey. When the driver refused to stop, police used tyre deflation devices to slow down his vehicle before apprehending him around 3.00pm.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor