A man who allegedly drove dangerously and caused multiple collisions while fleeing police in West Auckland, has been taken into custody, reports NZ Herald. According to Inspector Peter Raynes, police were alerted about a man attempting to steal a vehicle at the Westgate Shopping Centre at about 1.30pm. Seven minutes later, police tried to stop the vehicle on Royal Road in Massey. When the driver refused to stop, police used tyre deflation devices to slow down his vehicle before apprehending him around 3.00pm.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions