A magnitude 4.5 earthquake has shaken up the Bay of Plenty, striking shortly before 8am on Monday, January 25th, Newshub reports. Initial information from GeoNet indicates the quake was 4km deep and hit around 20km east of the Rotorua. The quake may have also been felt in Murupara, Opotiki, Rotorua, Taupo, Tauranga, Tokoroa, Whakatane, and surrounding localities. Meanwhile, at least 5000 people reported feeling the aftershock, which hit roughly 15 minutes later.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions