Northland businesses have shown interest in using the rail line between Auckland and Whangārei, Stuff reports. The North Auckland Line, which has been closed since June 2020, reopened on Monday, after a major upgrade which replaced five bridges and lowered tracks in 13 tunnels. The $110 million rail project allows the rail line to take high-cube containers used for international shipping.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor