Illegal dumps have been removed from Weiti River, Auckland Council reports. The Weiti River plays a significant role in a network of streams that flow through the Hibiscus and Bays area of Auckland and out to Long Bay Okura Marine Reserve. 2000 litres of rubbish and recyclables were discovered underneath a small concrete dock on the river. A team from Seacleaners, led by Hayden Smith, removed the dumps using specialised equipment.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor