Auckland City has withdrawn from next month’s Club World Cup, reports NZ Herald. On Friday, Auckland City informed FIFA that it will be unable to participate in the tournament in Qatar due to the coronavirus pandemic and the quarantine measures required by the New Zealand authorities.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor