The installation of the final canopy on the west side of Queens Wharf marks another major milestone for Ferry Basin Redevelopment project, Auckland Council announces. The canopy, now in place above the gangway accessing the new ferry pontoons, weighs 105 tonnes and was installed from a floating barge using two cranes. 65 metres long and 15 metres wide, the new canopy will provide shelter for up to 250 ferry passengers. The Auckland Ferry Basin infrastructure is expected to be completed and operational for ferry passengers around mid-2021.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions