The installation of the final canopy on the west side of Queens Wharf marks another major milestone for Ferry Basin Redevelopment project, Auckland Council announces. The canopy, now in place above the gangway accessing the new ferry pontoons, weighs 105 tonnes and was installed from a floating barge using two cranes. 65 metres long and 15 metres wide, the new canopy will provide shelter for up to 250 ferry passengers. The Auckland Ferry Basin infrastructure is expected to be completed and operational for ferry passengers around mid-2021.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor