Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins has announced that voluntary daily Covid-19 saliva tests will be offered to quarantine workers in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, Stuff reports. The saliva testing is a new precautionary measure put in place by the government, due to higher rates of infection overseas and the advent of more transmissible variants of Covid-19. Meanwhile, Minister Hipkins said that the saliva test is voluntary and will not replace nasal swabs.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions