The Northland community case of Covid-19 contracted the highly contagious South African variant, Stuff reports. Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins said it’s highly likely the 56-year-old Northland woman was infected during her stay in managed isolation, as she occupied a room close to a Coronavirus case. Mode of infection is yet to be determined, and health officials are looking into three possibilities: respiratory droplets, airborne particles, or a contaminated surface.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor