Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins has urged the public to be on guard when sharing “fake” health messages on social media, Stuff reports. The country will not go into imminent lockdown, and Minister Hipkins noted that spreading fake news on social media could cause harm. His reminder comes after he was alerted to posts on Facebook falsely claiming that New Zealand had been put into lockdown following the new community case of Covid-19 in Northland.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor