Fourteen close contacts of the Northland Covid-19 community case have tested negative, and NZ Herald reports that three more close contacts are still waiting for test results. Yesterday, Covid Response Minister Chris Hipkins announced that two close contacts of the case, her husband and hairdresser, were negative. Thousands more people who have had Covid-19 tests in the past two days should be receiving their results now. The ramped up testing will provide a clearer picture as to whether or not the virus has spread, after a 56-year-old woman tested positive for Covid-19 a week after her mandatory isolation in Auckland ended.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor