Fourteen close contacts of the Northland Covid-19 community case have tested negative, and NZ Herald reports that three more close contacts are still waiting for test results. Yesterday, Covid Response Minister Chris Hipkins announced that two close contacts of the case, her husband and hairdresser, were negative. Thousands more people who have had Covid-19 tests in the past two days should be receiving their results now. The ramped up testing will provide a clearer picture as to whether or not the virus has spread, after a 56-year-old woman tested positive for Covid-19 a week after her mandatory isolation in Auckland ended.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions