A shortage of building supplies is preventing the construction sector from delivering projects on time and within budget, RNZ reports. Plumbing, electrical and glass suppliers are reporting difficulties in getting their hands on basic materials, due to supply lines being stretched by the pandemic. All the suppliers RNZ spoke to expected the delays to continue until at least the end of March. Their advice to customers is to be patient and flexible.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor