In response to the increasing threat to Hauraki Gulf’s fish from commercial fishing and pollution, Auckland Mayor Phil Goff has pledged to extend the size of the marine reserve. According to the Newshub report, only 0.3% of the Hauraki Gulf is currently a marine reserve.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions