In response to the increasing threat to Hauraki Gulf’s fish from commercial fishing and pollution, Auckland Mayor Phil Goff has pledged to extend the size of the marine reserve. According to the Newshub report, only 0.3% of the Hauraki Gulf is currently a marine reserve.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor