Police have warned bike riders to be extra vigilant when securing their bicycles, in the wake of an increasing case of bike thefts in Auckland, Newshub reports. According to police, there is anecdotal evidence of an increase in the number of bike thefts, particularly in central Auckland. Bike Auckland’s Barbara Cuthbert suspects that a sophisticated black market is at play. Cuthbert has noted that Auckland’s bike thieves are organised, driving around the city in vehicles large enough to store multiple stolen cycles.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor