Police have warned bike riders to be extra vigilant when securing their bicycles, in the wake of an increasing case of bike thefts in Auckland, Newshub reports. According to police, there is anecdotal evidence of an increase in the number of bike thefts, particularly in central Auckland. Bike Auckland’s Barbara Cuthbert suspects that a sophisticated black market is at play. Cuthbert has noted that Auckland’s bike thieves are organised, driving around the city in vehicles large enough to store multiple stolen cycles.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions