TVNZ says a legal challenge to stop a 1080 drop on Māori land in the Hawke’s Bay has failed. The Māori Land Court has released its ruling on the legal fight, following a hearing in Hastings. Tataraakina is a 14,000 hectare block in inland Hawke’s Bay, near the highway between Napier and Taupō. Tataraakina is managed by an ahu whenua trust, led by trustee Clinton Hemana, and has 1143 owners. The trustees make decisions on behalf of the landowners.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor