WeatherWatch has issued multiple warnings for Auckland’s west coast beaches, as the Southern Ocean storm whips up extremely dangerous waves, reports Newshub. WeatherWatch has warned that, for the next few days, the country’s entire western side is a ‘NO GO’ for being in the sea. Waves as high as 10 metres could impact Auckland’s West Coast, while waves of up to 7 metres are predicted for the western North Island.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor