Aucklanders could see their water bills more than double, after Watercare approved a rates increase in order to help plug a fiscal hole. The plan – spurred on by the Covid-19 pandemic and the region’s long-lasting drought – was approved by the board at a meeting on 23 December last year and will be included in the Auckland Council’s draft 2022-2031 Long Term Plan (LTP). However, RNZ reports, the LTP will be submitted for public consultation in February 2021 and is yet to be approved.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa