Aucklanders could see their water bills more than double, after Watercare approved a rates increase in order to help plug a fiscal hole. The plan – spurred on by the Covid-19 pandemic and the region’s long-lasting drought – was approved by the board at a meeting on 23 December last year and will be included in the Auckland Council’s draft 2022-2031 Long Term Plan (LTP). However, RNZ reports, the LTP will be submitted for public consultation in February 2021 and is yet to be approved.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions