West Auckland homeowners are banding together to sell their houses in lots to developers, and they’re making even more money out of the intense market, Newshub reports. Quiet, suburban streets are being turned into huge construction zones as townhouses and apartment complexes spring up. This sudden growth is linked to the Auckland Unitary Plan, which allows higher buildings in residential areas to cope with the super city’s ever-increasing housing needs.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor