West Auckland homeowners are banding together to sell their houses in lots to developers, and they’re making even more money out of the intense market, Newshub reports. Quiet, suburban streets are being turned into huge construction zones as townhouses and apartment complexes spring up. This sudden growth is linked to the Auckland Unitary Plan, which allows higher buildings in residential areas to cope with the super city’s ever-increasing housing needs.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions