An innocent man who was mistakenly arrested and held at gunpoint while his son watched, was left traumatised and not offered any official apology or help, RNZ reports. Brandon Moase, 29, and a friend were ordered to their knees by police last Saturday in a street in West Auckland, and were handcuffed with guns held to their heads. They were released 15 minutes later after police admitted they had the wrong people. Moase says he has not been able to stop thinking about the incident, and he expects a public apology and counselling to be provided.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor